Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2009

mistakes

solitary whispers in the fog,
dictating my whole life
which stands before me
open and inviting

until

the sound of resignation
the slow release of responsibilities
the thick cloud of lust
draws its curtains around me

and never lets me out
until i make another mistake
about who i let inside.

we're all just babies at heart
ignorant of love at a greater level,
than just admiration and dependence
on those who care for you.

passion takes over my mind
when nothing else makes sense
and leads me towards an unknown path
which seems to writhe beneath me.

i cannot see far enough in front
and am blind to my own true self
looking inward helps me little
and only skews my emotions

with the wrath of a lover scorned.

2 comments:

  1. i like this one. a lot

    its very smart, sharp, and insightful.
    self analysis never sounded so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks! I really appreciate it....I didn't even realize anyone had commented until now (I guess I don't check the site often enough). Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete