Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

withdrawal

I memorize every inch of you,
taking in your distinctive aroma.
putting it at the forefront,
the very pinnacle
of my mind.

trying to keep you with me
somehow,
straining to feel your embrace
during the cold, lonely nights
you seem nothing but a dream.

when my eyes finally close
and my mind ceases to race,
you are what I long for.
making me whole,
maintaining my sanity,
when you are by my side.

withdrawal eats away at me,
chilling me to the bone and
sending me reeling.
as much as you leaving would kill me,
being the one to leave hurts the most.

the feeling of needing someone
is new and alien to me,
and yet I find myself
day after day, yearning
to have you in my arms.

I look forward to the day when I can see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment