prying eyes, following
me everywhere I go
never allowing any
peace of mind,
I have no time alone.
people all around
watching, waiting
for me to err -
marring my life,
scuffing my future.
hovering near me
talking incessantly
about nothing at all
I tune them out but
somehow still hear.
a guillotine of words
shower upon my head
washing over me in sharp
waves of piercing urgency,
repeating the same phrases
tirelessly, again and again.
letting their words dry,
evaporating slowly from
my soaked, shivering body,
I listen to them for once.
what is all the fuss about?
failure, slippery slope, unmotivated, waste, mistakes, worry...
continuing forever, seemingly,
it is difficult to close my ears
to the hatred and the words
that should never hurt me,
but that hurt more than the
proverbial sticks and stones.
contrary to their phrasal barrage,
I choose to live my life my way -
no interferences or interruptions.
I know they love me, I know it,
but this is not the way to show it.
No comments:
Post a Comment