Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2011

ensnared

There is an ache inside of me but
My illness is psychosomatic.
I feel a sudden disconnect
Within myself but also with you.

Where are the ties that bind?
I see none between us
Yet somehow I am drawn in,
Further ensnared in your web.

As the crescendo reaches its peak,
All the air is sucked out of my chest.
Listening to you talk about her,
I am left disoriented and weak.

Alone and antsy, waiting for a sign.
I imagine the impossible.
A wall, built by Montresor himself,
Stands to decimate our potential.

Nothing if not a realist,
I put a stop to these dreams.
But somehow they creep their way back
Into the back of my mind, my subconscious.

A glimpse of your face in a dream...
The thought of a day together,
Free to talk, to let my eyes wander,
Taking in your exquisite form.

My oft-broken heart, open and ready,
Has much to lose but far more to gain.
I'm left wondering about the future
And where I should go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment