The truth hurts but lies are twisted,
their layered plot points overlapping
like so many unnecessary appendages.
Claustrophobic by nature,
lies are self-sabotaging entities
that attract more of the same,
creating swarms of disembodied deceit.
There's a sour taste in my mouth,
and the ever-present dread
rears its ugly head with
each and every call.
Far worse than an outright lie
is a truth that remains ignored.
You could not face your own heart,
so you chose instead to toy with mine.
Unwilling to take the risk,
the leap of faith - faith in the potential
for that certain something between us -
you receded into the woodwork.
Catching glimpses of you now and again,
I see no recognition in your eyes.
Life with someone this open and honest
is certainly a refreshing change,
but more important than that,
I have realized that there are good men out there.
The way he looks at me, with eyes that devour,
makes my skin tingle with anticipation.
I eagerly await the next step,
whatever that might be.
As long as we are honest with ourselves,
we have nothing but blue skies ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment