Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2011

make my own luck

There is no way to go but up - or is there?
Failure is not an option, yet is forever in my mind.

Torn between so many potentials,
Being with you or you or you,
Doing x with my life or continuing y,
Seizing opportunities or making my own luck...

Work takes everything out of me, leaving me in the red.
The shifts are interminable, the days bleed together
Like breaths or like fading memories of years long gone.
I also bleed, wondering when I will earn my own success.

This success is not for me at all
- I come last -
But rather for the two who raised me.

For them to finally see through the haze they created,
To lift their respective veils of disappointment and denial,
And let them finally see me for who I truly am:

A reasonably talented, semi-muscular woman
With a good head on her shoulders,
A positive outlook on life, and

(Most importantly)

A bright future full of boundless opportunities,
Instead of a twisted path riddled with obstacles.

No matter what life has in store for me,
I am ready for it all!

After surviving a grand jury of familial proportions,
And achieving personal success in the face of
Utter, unwarranted disapproval...
Anything is possible.

Strength from strife and love for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment